The Margolius Law Firm, LLP is a full-service general practice law firm in Rockville, MD. Philip N. Margolius has over 50 years of legal experience.
Philip N. Margolius, Partner of the Margolius Law Firm, LLP
Philip N. Margolius, Partner has been practicing law for over 50 years. A native Washingtonian, Phil graduated from Coolidge High School and went on the attend Dartmouth for his undergraduate studies and graduated with an LLB from Yale Law School. Phil was a senior partner for almost forty years at Margolius Mallios et al. In 2002, he started a smaller version of his firm, where he could dedicate his time and take the utmost care in providing his services to his clients in a more personal setting.
Phil has been recognized as one of the District’s best and top Real Estate lawyers and also as a preeminent Estate and Trust Lawyer. Phil has been the long-time trusted legal, investment, trust and foundation advisor for local families.
Phil was married to his wife Phyllis for 46 years. Phyllis passed away February 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer. They have three children, David, Kenny and Jennifer. They are also fortunate to be grandparents of 5, Ma’ayan, Ro’i, No’a, Jocelyn and Jesse.
Phil is well known for his philanthropy. He has served as president of numerous Washington D.C. Jewish charitable organizations including Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, the United Jewish Endowment Fund and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington. He established the Phyllis Margolius Family Foundation in 2014 and currently serves as its president.
- Business & Corporate
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Maryland, 1978
- District of Columbia, 1966
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut, 1965, LL.B.
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, 1962, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Bar Association of the District of Columbia Probate and Real Property Section Member
- The American University Washington College of Law, Estate Planning and Drafting Adjunct Professor, 1999 – 2000
Honors and Awards
- Named Expert Attorney in Estate Planning and Real Estate Washingtonian Magazine
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate
- Elected to Membership in the Cosmos Club, 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- United Jewish Appeal Federation of Greater Washington, Past President, 1991 – 1993
- United Jewish Endowment Fund of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Past President, 1995 – 1997
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, Past President, 1983 – 1985
- Jewish Community Centers Association, Member of Board of Directors